Vote for me @ Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

Monday, July 18, 2011

Pride Go Beforeth the Fall

     Well when my oldest son says that perhaps, I should take a break on the poem writing, he is like E.F.Hutton, I should listen!!  My oldest son is like an old soul, in a young man's body. I trust his opinion above everyone else. Because number one, he delivers criticism in a way, that never hurts any one's feelings. Second, he has written some really good poems. Not every line has to rhyme, sage advice from such an awesome kid.

     It has been real hot here lately, when I got out of church yesterday, it was 93 degrees. Driving home I noticed that the hydrangeas were all wilting, even the ones in the shade. That is an indication of a real hot day. The cicada bugs were already in full concerto. You know the bugs, that usher in the hottest part of the day.

     When it is that hot, your options suddenly slim down. Unfortunately, I have a major open wound on my leg, so I can't go to the pool. Isn't that so apropos? Hottest weather of the year, and Paige gets burned on son's 4 wheeler, so no swimming in the pool.

  Little secret though,  I did make a vow to never swim in the local waters around here anymore for three reasons. One, the horseflies ate me alive once, and two I swam in a beautiful place called Putney Falls, a really gorgeous place to swim but,  I had a leech attach itself to the bottom of my foot. Thirdly, refer to number two, plus I get creeped out by the stuff floating around under the water, that I can't see.


     Amazing as you age, your brain still registers, the young you. Even though , in the morning, your knees creak, you did not sleep well and the new ailment du jour, is the bottom of your heel is giving you trouble. If I had a nickle for every time I got up and diagnosed myself with a rare disease, via the "Internet", I would be a rich woman. Truth is, I am just aging.

     When you get older you love to take shortcuts. Being a chef, I love to take shortcuts in cooking. I do it all the time, here is one that I do: Two cans of  Bush's beans, with 1 pound of  bacon, cooked and crumbled into the beans. Save the bacon grease to saute a chopped onion in, drain the onions and add to the beans. There you have doctored up beans that did not take hours to make. (still love your beans., Mom) But that is not recipe.

This recipe is for my bestie Jasmine a.k.a Princess Buttercream.

Jasmine's Bruschetta with a few Paige Twists (the no hassle way)


1 loaf of Hannaford's Wheat Frnech Bread
1 container of Hannaford's Pesto Pasta Sauce
1 vidalia onion, julienned
3 cloves of garlic,minced
1 bag of Baby Spinach
1 container of Backyard Cocktail tomatoes cut into slices
1 8oz package of Galbani, Fresh Mozzarella, cut into slices
1 package of Perdue Short Cuts Grilled Chicken
1 tablespoon Olive Oil
Fresh basil leaves, I got my from my garden, cut chiffonade (thin strips)
Kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste.

In a saute pan heat the olive oil and saute the onion and garlic, until caramelized. Add the spinach and cook until the spinach is wilted and set aside. Cut your french bread in half, and then cut each half lengthwise. Divide the pesto sauce evenly between the four parts and spread. Now that the spinach mixture is cooled, divide it up between the four pieces, add the tomatoes cut into slices and the chicken. Divide up the fresh mozzarella evenly over the four pieces..LOL (it is not an exact science, just do what feels right). Bake until crispy and the mozzarella has melted. Top with the fresh basil and enjoy!

 We are all worms, but I do believe I am a glowworm.  ~Winston Churchill













0 comments:

Post a Comment