Vote for me @ Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

Friday, August 5, 2011

A friend will do Voodoo BBQ with you, or is it Hoodoo BBQ?

     Well today went tremendously better, because one, my constitution leveled itself off, and second my friend, Ami surprised me. I thought she was in Florida, and boom there she was, standing right in front of me.

     Ever meet a person that you automatically feel comfortable with? I met her, when I began water aerobics at the Colonial Motel. Water aerobics are just about the funnest thing going. But the Motel shaved the hours of the class, and I think at one time, even postponed it. When they resumed the class, it was much later and only two days a week. The classes in the evenings are actually for those that want to do the exercises,and benefit from the program. My one complaint about water aerobics at the pool was the day class, somehow it dictated the fate of the evening class? When I went to the ONE class during the day, I could not hear the instructor, but I did hear about other people's business.

     But that is a whole separate post, made for a cold winter evening when I have no better place to go, but to blather it to the Internet super highway. It was beyond great to see Ami's grandson Ashton, I almost did not recognize him, if it was not for his eyelashes. My big bad, I gave him sugar. Sorry Ami, but I am a chef, I give food when I love you, does not matter what form it comes in.

     So today, day number five on my quest to become the next Top Model, ha, that sentence still cracks me up. I try to say it to myself, and I have a hard time not laughing. But joking aside, when I become the next Top Model, I plan to ask all people to spell their names backwards first. Then if it is not too much trouble, we will all play "Duck, Duck, Goose". The models I think will feel sorry for the goose, just saying...

     So it seems to me, that the carbohydrates must have had some psychological hold on me. Because I am talking nonsense all the time. Can this qualify as a disability?  I'm kidding, but one thing that I am not kidding about is food. Tonight I made Haitian Voodoo Sticks, only without all the Hoodoo.  When I say no "Hoodoo", I mean no spicy, spicy because we have acid reflux. It happens when you get older, you have to be aware of the Voodoo, and carry at all times the Nexium. It is the difference between a good night's sleep, and tearing your medicine cabinet apart in the middle of the night, looking for that Rolaids that "you stashed" in case of an emergency.

Haitian Hoodoo Sticks, or was it Voodoo, Gosh Who knew?

2 1/2 pounds Angus beef sirloin boneless tips
10 bamboo skewers soaked in water for at least an hour
3 tablespoons of beef bouillon granules
3 tablespoons beef stock
1 tablespoon chopped garlic
1/4 cup chopped green onions
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 tsp fresh cracked black pepper
kosher salt to taste
3 tablespoons Tamari
4 tablespoons Sweet Chili sauce
2 tablespoons sesame oil

In a bowl, dissolve the beef bouillon granules into the beef stock. Add the garlic, Tamari, chopped green onions and mix well, al
low to set for 10 minutes.Add the rest of the ingredients and mix.  Take your pre-soaked skewers and thread the boneless sirloin evenly. Pour the marinade over the skewers and marinate for 30 minutes. Grill according to preference. In my case serve with a fully-loaded salad, and maybe a few pork rinds, because of course they are 0g Net carbs.

 In the Middle Ages, they had guillotines, stretch racks, whips and cahins.  Nowadays, we have a much more effective torture device called the bathroom scale.  ~Stephen Phillips

p.s. Kalie~I ate a whole lot of jelly bellys :)






    

    

1 comments:

Shurik said...

Thanks for this. Looks yummy. Hope its ok if we put a link to your recipe here:'
http://www.myrecipepost.com/cgi-bin/auction/auction.pl?category=streetfood&item=4517171161

Post a Comment