Vote for me @ Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

Monday, January 3, 2011

Dieter's Guide to New Year's Resolutions.

  
Dieter's Guide to New Year's Resolutions


  • All candy, including the stuff that you hid from yourself on Halloween,(hey, I do it, so I know other's do it) must go, even though Snicker's is the most perfect candy bar ever created, it has to go. Reluctantly give them to your skinny friends, they need help in gaining weight and I am an expert in that area.
  • Don't be discouraged if you are ignoring the writing on the wall having a hard time with dieting. I understand that! We have indulged ourselves, without a thought of what we were doing. I don't know about you when I am tired, angry or just fed up I tend to give up.
  • There is a plethora of information out there on dieting, that wait...changing changes depending upon the magazine you are reading.  Chances are if you are reading the article, you understand the idea of what you are reading. Just because we are fat does not mean we are stupid.
  • Diets are not a death sentence. However, if you have had a steady diet of fast food it could put a ripple in your pond. The best defense, is to be informed, read as much as possible about weight loss.
  • Water is a huge rule!!!, if you think about it just a little, water gets everything going or lubricated. Just like a plant needs water so does the human body. I get it, that water tastes like nothing and I hate it is hard to drink. I struggle daily. Forget about the taste, forget about what you are doing, just drink it as if your life depended on it(and it does).
  • Regarding the water rule, you can buy the powders that are designed for a bottle of water, but I must warn you that those artificial sweeteners still have a tendency to cause weight gain, it alters our metabolism,we anticipate lots of calories when eating something sweet, and cooking something sweet is usually loaded with calories. But if you disrupt this sweet and calorie factor, people tend to eat more, thus resulting in a sluggish metabolism that stores instead of burning.
  • Eat a rainbow, for some reason this statement has never left my vocabulary. Well that is a no brainer. Think about it, beige foods hey I just said beige foods can't carry much nutritious weight. Rainbow, let's just ponder that?, spinach, yellow peppers, carrots, red beets, zucchini, eggplant and blueberries, and that was just off the top of my head.
  • Be gentle with yourself, if you fall off, get back on. This is the same advice we give our children. If we believe what we tell our children, we are obligated to follow our own medicine advice.
  • Losing weight should not be a job, a bet or a resolution. It is a lifestyle change. It is a reworking of what we believed would work. I say this because, many of us including myself, have lost and gained weight. If I had a box to capture the loss and gain, I would be speechless.

  • Remember it is difficult to shut out advertising, what I mean by this is: sitting at home on a Tuesday night and being bombarded by Taco Bell, Wendy's, McDonald's, Olive Garden, Kentucky Fried Chicken, and Chili's advertisements. Again that was just off the top of my head.
  • Do it for the betterment of your life! For me being able to walk around without pain is huge. Did you just read the insanity of that statement? So basic, does not cost any money at all, just time which in this day and age is equivalent to money.
  • Adopt the "I hate diet food" mantra, only because it is NEVER GOING AWAY, if your doctor does not mention it, your friends and family will. It is what it is. I have learned to go to a happy place drinking a meal replacement shake. It is ok, not liking what you have to eat, it takes time, be patient grasshopper eventually you will desire nothing less. 
  • The end result is, having a life worth living. Not being inhibited by what we need to do, and where we need to go. It is ULTIMATELY, up to the believer. If you believe that you can, you will. "Believe, and they will build it",take baby steps and breathe. Life is worth breathing about!!!
  • Last step is having a safety net, I can be your safety net as well as you can be mine. Carpe Diem!!! I am human, I have no more answers than the next guy. I need friends and people that will say "Go!go!go! only 5 more pounds to go! and I am great cheerleader!!! This journey I will not go alone. I go with you. Yikes...I need a pepperoni calzone just kidding, a pillow, because I am tired...sweet dreams :)

A waist is a terrible thing to mind.~ Tom Wilson

0 comments:

Post a Comment