Vote for me @ Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

Friday, February 4, 2011

May you have warm words on a cool evening, a full moon on a dark night, and a smooth road all the way to your door. ~Irish Toast

     I love where I work, for the sole reason that Jasmine, my buddy keeps it entertaining. The other day, she said to me "Hey, it's going to be an early spring"!, I looked out the window, stood on my tip toes, to look over the ginormous snowbank, to see what she was talking about? Hmmm, "Where did you hear that Jasmine"? "The groundhog didn't see his shadow"! Love you Jasmine!!!, not to mention that you make the most killer eclairs ever!!!, pictures to follow sometime soon. I was too focused on cramming one in my mouth, than taking a picture. I hope Bookie, doesn't read that last sentence.
     This is Dr. John Bookwalter M.D. F.A.C.S(a.k.a Bookie), he is for one, a football fanatic and trying to beat the war against obesity with his patients. In this picture he was pretty tired, he had a handful of laparoscopic cholecystectomies, or in our world gall bladder surgeries, and that was just in the morning. Anyway, he can get off the floor faster than me, and can swing a 50lb kettle bell!! Yep, that is what I said!!, I was so fearful for him as he was swinging it around. I wasn't sure if I should have the phone in my hand?, protect the wall size television?, stand behind him?, stand in front of him?, it was very stressful. I just kept clinging to the idea that this 70 something year old surgeon, would not hurt himself with a 50 POUND KETTLE BELL. I had a hard time with the 30lb one.
    

     If you can see this is a kinda a nice office, notice the leather couch in the lower right corner, this was the area we were doing the kettle bell exercises, and the "cat vomit" exercises. I know that last statement would incite intrigue. You should look for the book "Four Hour Body" , in this book it describes the "cat vomit" exercise. That name in itself made me want to dive into the book deeper.

     This is the office that I work in on Mondays, which in my opinion is my sanctuary. Notice the tremendously thinned out files, I DID THAT!!, it was so much fun, better than making Mac and Cheese at times. It is quieter than quiet. If you have ever worked in a kitchen, it is inherently loud, and besides that; I don't know how to turn the Doc's  massive TV on, or the radio, otherwise there would be some background noise. The desk straight ahead is Gerry's desk. That is where I sit, and GOD BLESS Gerry, thank you, thank you for helping me! I would be lost without you. The desk to the lower right is Linda's, I ADORE her because she always thinks that she is being harsh on me, apparently she has never watched Gordon Ramsey or an episode of Hell's Kitchen. I love Linda!!!

     This is the hallway that leads to perdition, no,no,no I am kidding....it does lead to a conversation about the crap we stuff down our throats though. Think about for a minute! You don't want to end up here, having to deal with poor circulation, due to inactivity. Which leads to a convo about what is plain as the nose on your face. Been there, and don't want to do it again. Like I said Bookie is a warrior in the battle against obesity.

     These are lentils, which are very good for a diet. If you are on a no carbohydrate diet, lentils and beans can fill that need for satiation. It just so happens that I have a Lentil Soup for you, when you finally have overdosed on Eclairs. (hey, it can happen)
  But before business, I want to introduce to you a woman that needs remembrance, I honored you Leah before, but the HTML, was so cluster flubbed. She will forever be young, vibrant and full of hope in our hearts. I am sorry that you were so sad, that you had to leave us behind. I never knew you, but watching this video..I kinda feel that I could have known you. Peace~&~Love. Here is the Shout~Out for Leah!! long over due. 

Hearty Lentil Soup

1 1# bag of lentils
4 ozs of butter
2 cups rough chopped celery
2 cups rough chopped onions
1 tablespoon chopped garlic
2 cups peeled, rough chopped carrots
2 cans of diced tomatoes
2 cans sliced mushrooms 6oz cans
2 containers of Beef Stock
1 bay leaf
1 cup of rice
1 tsp dried thyme
1 tsp dried basil
1 tsp dried oregano
1 to 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1/2 cup grated parmesan
salt and pepper to taste

In a soup pot melt the butter and add the carrots, celery, onions and garlic and cook everything till it is soft and happy. Add the cans of tomatoes, mushrooms and lentils cook until everything is mixed and ready for the next step. Add the beef stock and bay leaf, bring to a boil, add the rice and turn down to a simmer. Simmer until the rice is soft, the lentils should follow. Season with the basil,oregano,thyme and balsamic vinegar~ season with the salt, pepper and parmesan cheese. Cuddle up with your favorite_______(fill in blank) and enjoy.

Even hundredfold grief is divisible by love. ~Terri Guillemets


0 comments:

Post a Comment