Vote for me @ Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

Saturday, July 16, 2011

S-A-T-U-R-D-A-Y night :) :)


This is the rare photo of my oldest son, notice the antiquishness of it?

     So today is Saturday, my ultimate favorite day! Number one favorite reason is, because my brain does not have to register work mode in the morning. Two because well, that's obvious, I don't have to work!!!! I love it, I love it, I love it!!!!




     Today was your average run-of-the-mill day for Paige. I must say, it is far easier to scare your children into doing common sense things, than it is employees. Perhaps, I should treat my employees, like my children, and then I might get some action. I am too nice, I need to develop a backbone or a Z-snap. In this day and age, a Z-snap holds more weight.

    You'll be happy to know, that my rather largish burn from said 4-wheeler(not mentioning names) is doing much better, thanks to Dr. Bookwalter and his amazing silverdene cream. If it was not for my Monday job, I might be in the ER tonight. Boy that is fun, been there a gazillion times. Between both hands, I must have had over 45 stitches applied. I take my nickname: Stubby very seriously. If only they had a Blue Ribbon for most stitches between both hands.

      The drama in the Vermont has been at a minimum this week. I heard from my great friend Roberto, he got locked out of his facebook account, and of course, I think any communication beyond, so and so likes your post or ,so and so commented on your post, is bogus, I then just ignore. He called me bless his heart. Love you Roberto!!! I will give you, the facebook secrety-secret code anytime.

     Well tonight I decided I was going to make both my son's favorite faux vegetable (gotta love Jessica Seinfeld, she is the guru, of hiding the veggies) dish. Bacon Cheddar Cauliflower Fritters. They hate the smell of the cauliflower cooking, so kick them outside during that process. But the end result sometimes deserves a picture to the grandparents, of said kids, eating the veggies.

Bacon Cheddar Cauliflower Fritters

1 large head of cauliflower
1 tsp salt
1 12oz or 1 pound package of thick sliced bacon
1 onion, finely diced
1/2 cup shredded cheddar
1/2 cup flour
1 large egg
fresh cracked pepper and kosher salt
1 tsp granulated garlic
2 tablespoons sour cream
1 tablespoon finely sliced scallions

Rough chop the cauliflower and place in a pot with the tsp of salt, cover with water and boil until the cauliflower is soft. Drain and place in the refrigerator until cool, about 10 to 15 minutes. Meanwhile render the pound of bacon, until the strips are crispy then drain the bacon on a paper towel. Reserve the grease. Caramelize the finely diced onions in 1/4 of the bacon grease you reserved. Set aside. Pull out the cooled cauliflower and mash the hell out of it, add the caramelized onions, crumbled bacon, 1/2 cup shredded cheddar, 1 egg and the 1/2 cup of flour and mix well. Season with the black pepper, kosher salt and granulated garlic~form into 3oz patties. In a saucepan, heat some of the reserved bacon grease and fry the cauliflower patties on both sides until brown and crispy. Serve with sour cream and scallions.


    Why does Sea World have a seafood restaurant? I'm halfway through my fishburger and I realize, Oh my God. I could be eating a slow learner. ~Lynda Montgomery

0 comments:

Post a Comment