Vote for me @ Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

New Beginnings

     Well, there has been so many changes in my life these days. The job I once had, is no longer. I did bemoan my situation longer than needed for a few days. I soothed myself by watching the entire 5 seasons of Dexter, eating snack size Baby Ruth's and nursing myself back to health. My oldest son caught a cold, and I not only caught it, I nurtured it into a full blown assault on my sinus cavities.

     "You're rundown", my mother says, "The stress finally got you", says my husband. Either way it was fortuitous to get sick whilst looking for a job. I am the kind of person that can't sit still for very long that needs a plan in place. Losing my job in the manner that it happened, threw my whole inner zen off. I am a planner, and I did not plan on this. I was not fired, I did not quit, the business just closed. Plain and simple. In case you haven't noticed the  economy is not so good.
 
     The hospitality industry is just that hospitality, comfy pillows, hot meals, heated pools and turn down services. But when the money dries up, so does the luxuries. Sad, but it is the truth. Small businesses in this economy, have but a sliver of chance of making a go of it. Sadder still, is the state and government agencies, don't seem to give a crap. They would sooner, tax the ever loving stuff out of you. My advice read the fine print, know who you are electing, and realize that some of what they have to offer is B.S.

     Well on a much happier note, I am again, gainfully employed. Going back to my old stomping grounds Putney, Vermont. Tis where the whole journey began. A wee 23 year old, transplanted from culinary school to Vermont. I worked for the Putney Inn for just about a coons age, funny, I picked the state 
 because it sounded intriguing. I still to this day, do not have an explanation as to how and why I set up camp in Vermont.  Now, I journey to the Putney Co op  for a exciting journey into the world of tempeh, seitan, gluten-free and organic. Jasmine, is going to have soooo much fun with me.

      I am so happy to have a cooking instrument back. After 5 weeks, I FINALLY have propane. I can cook again. No more microwaving!!. It has been a grueling 5 weeks without the ability to cook. Me of all people not being able to cook. During the hurricane, flood, loss of job, yada, yada I won a case of ravioli through Star Ravioli that came via Heidi Lee and her into the soup site. Great site, a must in the culinary world.  Tonight was Ravioli Night !!!!

Really Good Meatball Recipe 


1  Vidalia onion
10 cloves of garlic
2 to 2 1/2 fresh white bread crumbs
3 ozs olive oil
1 bunch fresh parsley, rinsed and chopped finely
2 tablespoons dried basil
6 eggs
1 cup heavy cream
1 1/2 cups grated Parmesan cheese
healthy grinding of cracked black pepper (if you have a grinder, only way to go) otherwise use butcher grind.
salt to taste

In a food processor, mill the onions and garlic with the olive oil until fine. In a large bowl, add the ground meat with the onion mixture, add the eggs, heavy cream, dried basil, parsley, black pepper, salt and Parmesan and mix well. Add the bread crumbs, if the meatballs seem a little soft add some more. Roll into balls, slightly smaller than an egg. Cook on a greased cookie sheet in a 350F oven for about 45 minutes and then enjoy.

 Those who forget the pasta are condemned to reheat it.  ~Author Unknown

0 comments:

Post a Comment