Vote for me @ Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

Thursday, July 1, 2010

What's a girl to do?

There are so many diets out there,Low-carb, High-carb, High-protein, no-protein,no-sugar, wave the sugar over the meal with the intent of having sugar, all watercress or cabbage, Hollywood diet,South Beach, in France where women don't get fat.  Should I be in the Zone with Dr. Atkins or was it Jenny Craig? Will I be Fit for Life if I go with the Flat Belly Diet?   When in the Mediterranean should I do their diet or go to a Weight Watchers meeting?  Will I have the Best Life if I join the Biggest Loser Club? See what I mean, what is a girl to do?  Who is right, who has the better plan and is it in me already? 
We all want a quick fix me included, I wanted results yesterday.  What is the clear solution to weight loss?  My brain tells me to monitor what I am putting into my mouth, you know a food diary..Weight Watchers principle is founded on monitoring portions and meals through a point system. I did  Weight Watchers and the first week I lost 6 pounds, very promising, however it was expensive for me, and I had young children that needed the money that I would otherwise spend in that direction. However, I took the point system with me, and it was pretty cut and dry. So what does that mean then?  Like an addict, how far will someone go before they realize that things are out of control.  That is the insidious thing about weight gain we are not outwardly out of control, but inside we are spiraling.  Worrying about every chip that passes our lips, how insane is that?  So it all goes back to that boring health class that I was not paying attention.  Eat to live, not live to eat. Some of us are lucky we dance through life with no problems whatsoever, while others have problems and start the try and fail cycle.(me)  So this is a new venue for me, purging my thoughts over the web, making myself accountable for my dirty tasty little secrets. Lets talk burritos....mmmmm cheese :)

1 pound ground chicken
1 cup cooked brown rice
1 medium onion, diced
3 garlic cloves, minced
2 tbs olive oil                                                                      
1/2 tsp cumin
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp paprika
1(15 ozs ) can of pinto beans, drained and rinsed
1(10oz) can whole kernel corn,drained
6(8 inch) whole wheat tortillas
1 cup reduced-fat shredded cheddar
plain yogurt low-fat and salsa to garnish.

In a saute pan, heat the olive oil and add the diced onion and garlic and saute for a minute or two add the ground chicken and cook until the chicken is done, drain and return to the pan add the 1 cup cooked rice and seasoning add the beans and corn and heat through. Divide up between the 6 tortillas and top with cheese and wrap.  Top with the yogurt and salsa and serve.

There is no such thing as a little garlic.~ A. Baer

0 comments:

Post a Comment