Vote for me @ Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

Friday, December 10, 2010

A Flash in the Pan


     The world needs more flash mobbing. In fact, a little flash mobbing, some ice skating and then sitting down to a big spaghetti and meatball dinner might decrease the bickering in the world. When was the last time, you stopped and thought about someone, less fortunate than yourself. I delivered Penuche and Chocolate fudge to some folks that don't have the privilege of walking, or even being part of the so-called rat race. They are home bound, but somehow they found out, that I make fudge like their Mom's used to make. That makes my heart swell, This means I am doing something right. To invite me, into their home speaks volumes. I am grateful. Too many times, those of us that have the ability to see, hear, walk, and talk never think about those that were cheated of the basic liberties. We don't realize how blessed we are, until we lose the things that were important to us.


     Today, Elizabeth Edwards died, and I am sad about that, because she was some one's mother, wife , daughter and friend. She left out of the same door she entered in. This reminds me of my brother-in-law Freddy Babbitt, may he rest in peace. Here,was a man that knew the very essence of life. He did what he wanted and that was that. He reminded me of the movie the "Big Fish", I swear that movie was written for him. I think all of us, me included spend far too much time trying to master our happiness, instead of just letting it play out. When we throw out the manual, things seem to go much better.


     I must tell you it is hard to be a human, whether you are a chef or not. Imagine how, world leaders feel. They definitely have more sleepless nights than me. My mind is cluttered with, whether I have been too hard on my youngest son?, can Jolly Ranchers melt and be combined?, what time is it?, does Botox really work?, and when did I get that wrinkle there?. It seems, once I hit 40, my eyesight went, I needed more sleep and for some reason Desperate Housewives seemed important. Middle age, wow..where did it come from, who opened the door? and why is skin care so damn important at my age.

     Remember when we were younger, I am talking to the "I am 29 again club", we could eat anything, stay up all night, get little sleep, bounce here and there, and still have time for more bouncing. Just writing this, I feel a nap coming on. I am no longer interested in sacrificing sleep for fun. Sleeping is fun, there is nothing better than climbing into a bed with cold sheets so you can spread out and soak up the chill. Far better than standing in a crowded club, with people you don't know, listening to music somewhat similar to a nuclear warning siren. Priorities change is all.

     So, what better way to celebrate slowing down, than with a Smoothie. The word smoothie annoys me a little, because I expect a Oompa Loompa to serve it. When someone made the "first smoothie", did they say "wow, it's smooth. Let's call it a smoothie!", knowing Americans probably, because we have Snuggies, Huggies, Muggles,Wiggles, Doodlebops and Backyardigans in Crazy Town. Where is Crazy town and why do I need Dora's map? Anyway, I digress..

Kick you into Good Health Julius

1 1/2 cups orange juice
1 cup frozen peaches
1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
1 tablespoon honey
2 cups fresh spinach
2 cups ice

Blend all in a blender and enjoy, if you are feeling a little under the weather, this is a great drink to feel better.

Age is an issue of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter.~Mark Twain

0 comments:

Post a Comment